Thursday, April 14, 2016

So, I'm Starting A Blog Which, I'm Certain, Will Drift Into The Abyss Of Other Mommy Blogs



So, I've been out of the news business for about a year now and I have this urge to write. 

Who cares, right? Probably no one. No one will read this and that's ok. But, I'm "doing me" as the young kids say. (I think.)

If you're into news radio and were in Houston in 2001 or in Dallas/Fort Worth from 2002 until 2015, then you may know my name. I was a street reporter for KTRH for a brief, yet wild year. Then, I headed back north to the big DFW to work on the streets for the big BAP, or WBAP. When we were bought out by Cumulus and moved to new digs, I eventually switched over to KLIF in a behind-the-scenes role as Producer of the KLIF News & Information in the Morning show. I said goodbye to radio and news last year to be a stay-at-home-mom. 

My many news adventures brought me to many different places and allowed me to cross paths with many different people. I wouldn't change those experiences for the world.








Now, I have new adventures. They're pretty fun and exciting, but totally different than my life in news. I'm no longer getting to meet dignitaries and celebs. I no longer get free rubber chicken meals in massive ballrooms. I no longer get that adrenaline rush with a breaking news story. I don't get to sit in courtroom galleries as a trial observer/reporter (and I still say that many of the trials that I've covered are FAR BETTER than your most favorite TV drama.) And, I don't get to chase tornadoes anymore or slip around on icy roads. (Thank the Lord.)

Life has definitely taken a dramatic turn these days with me turning into a SAHM. 

So, while I am for sure another SAHM needing an outlet for my thoughts, I'm surely not going to write about mom and kid stuff all the time. 

I feel like I've got a little crazy in my head that needs to get out. At times, I observe a little crazy that bears sharing too. So, that brings me to this: my blog.

While I've blogged before, I've never had my own blog. So, in a way, I kind of don't know what I'm doing. We'll see who's interested in the long term, but for now, this is just something I'm gonna do for me. (I think the kids say that too.) 

Note the old, pre-Botox and melasma Photo Booth pic. It's all I got and I hate reading things without lots of pictures. 



4 comments:

  1. Look forward to hearing what spills out of your crazy little head. You amuse me.

    David Alvey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new venture, Ellie! Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete